Subcontracting Code of Practice
This Code provides guidance for all ASIAL members who use other security businesses as subcontractors to provide additional security staff and/or security services.
The objective of this Code of Practice on managing subcontracting arrangements in the private security sector is to provide security operators with guidance on the lawful use of subcontractors for legitimate business purposes.
It is a practical guide that aims to:
- Ensure professional behaviour within the Security industry;
- Promote compliance with legislative requirements;
- Eliminate sham contracting in the private security sector;
- Protect vulnerable workers against exploitation;
- Improve business practices; and
- Improve service delivery to the customers of the Security Industry as a whole.